Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Father Son Week

Today my middle son Rylan and five other boys from our church played in a little league game to decide who would would take 3rd place in their division. It was a big game because 3rd place gets a trophy, 4th place gets nothing. As a coach, It was a big game because you want the kids to have a lasting memory sitting on their bookshelf of how awesome you were. (OK, maybe that's a stretch.) Put simply, it was a game that makes playing baseball fun with a prize on the line.

As a competitive guy and a father, It was exciting preparing for the game this week. I had a great discussion with Rylan about preparing for the game mentally. I talked to him about being a team leader and making those around you better. I talked to him about carrying yourself as a winner and rising to meet whatever opportunity presented itself. Let me tell you, It was great! We even simulated Rylan coming to bat with the game on the line.

Now that it's Saturday night and it's all over, all I can say is -It was a fun Father son week.

I hope you're not wondering who won - of course we won!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on both son's moving on in the playoffs. Just trying a comment again.

    ReplyDelete