Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Start with Why

There is a new book by Simon Sinek called 'Start With Why". His thesis is that leaders who have the natural ability to “start with why” have been able to inspire those around them to achieve remarkable things.

Sinek believes that most people or organizations begin with “what” and some even move to “how.” But few really know or communicate the “why” behind their cause.

So, why do we do what we do in the kingdom of heaven? Why do we go to church? Do we know the why?

Of course, you will probably tell me that the why is Jesus Christ. And I would agree with you. He is our hope, our salvation, our reason, our why. We should be empowered by that fact. He should be all that we need to leave our safety and comfort and do the irrational.

We should be ready to pick up our cross daily and follow him. But most of the time it is about us instead of him.

Below is Sinek’s TED talk about his book. Now, I'm not sure I agree with everything he says. But, I do think we spend too much time on the what and not enough on the why. Let me know what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment