Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Clarity

As a result of me messing around with my boys with my glasses on, they were damaged. The good news is, I shop at Costco, which means every thing's covered. Took them in, the Costco guy repaired them, and I'm back in business just like that. What struck me about this whole experience was this though. When the man took my glasses to repair them for me, I was without them for about 20 minutes. I never knew I was so blind, or to think about it another way, I never realized how much clarity I had thanks to my glasses.

Don't we all do this in our lives as well. We never consider how much clarity we do have. Clarity that has been gained through all the lessons we've learned and experiences we've endured and principles we've picked up along the way. We never consider how much God's grace and love and Spirit is doing for us. That is, until it's gone or we fail to use what we have.

As I walked around Costco, I was reminded what a horrible life it would be if I was really that blind all the time. I mean I couldn't make out the writing or faces any further away than 15 feet. I felt very limited and weak. It made me become very narrow in my focus. I only looked at or tried to view things that were right in front of me. There was no point in lifting my eyes up to see the whole store or even the whole isle I was in. I couldn't see. I had become very limited in my vision. What a weird felling that was.

I was so happy to get my glasses back, and thankful for the Costco policy that just repairs and replaces things without any questions. And when I put them on - hallelujah, just like that, I could see the store and the people and the all the stuff I wanted to buy. (that last part is not good, I have to fight the urge to splurge when I'm at Costco, anyone know what I'm talking about?) The point is - I have something that provides me an incredible amount of clarity, and I am thankful for them. How they look on me is secondary to what they do for me.

So what is it in your life that, you have right now, that is providing clarity for you. let's not talk about the area's that you are unclear in. let's stay focus on what you do have, what you have learned, and what God has provided. I think all of us have a lot more clarity than we realize. we just need to recognize it, value it, and use it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm clear that if my life isn't being led by the Holy Spirit, which is to be my guide in to all truth, then I am lost. What am I sensing God leading me towards today? If I'm not doing that I'm in trouble and probably wandering around led by my own desires.

    Also speaking of clarity, I have noticed that the process of writing down my thoughts, and ideas consistently over time allows me when I am confused to reflect and regain clarity and direction.

    ReplyDelete